This role will work within TRIN’s Research Department as a team member providing professional expertise and skills in research methodology, research design, data collection, data analysis, and the interpretation and presentation of research and evaluation results to assist the TRIN Research Department achieve the strategic goals of the Research. The Senior Research Officer will also have the opportunity to take a significant lead in the development, management and reporting of TRIN approved research projects as agreed with by the Principal Investigator of the Research Project.
1. With approval from the Principal Investigator, take a lead on the development, resourcing, implementation and completion of research and evaluation that meets the TRIN Research Operations Plan and strategic plan. This includes completing ethics applications; conducting data collection and data management; supervising Research Officers on tasks specific to a research project; advanced data analysis and interpretation; and reporting of results.
2. As directed by the Principal Investigator and where relevant to a research or evaluation project, learn and apply behavioral coding skills; screening, assessment and interviewing skills; and therapeutic interventions skills specific to a research project. This may also include delivering training and support to staff in these skills, and monitoring and measuring research intervention quality and fidelity.
3. Interpret research findings within the broader body of published literature, and provide practical recommendations that benefit client and organisational outcomes, giving consideration to principles of implementation science.
4. Develop a thorough understanding of relevant research areas using a variety of methods (e.g. library materials, Internet databases, discussion with subject matter experts, attending training and professional development).
5. Translate existing theoretical literature and empirical data into literature reviews, summary of the evidence, and organisational briefs. This could include reviews that inform the design of new research, models of practice and/or practice improvements.
6. Manage research and evaluation projects as designated by Principal Investigator, including design, planning, monitoring and regular, timely reporting on progress to the Manager - Research and other project staff.
7. Supervise Research Officers on tasks specific to a designated research project as directed by Manager - Research.
8. Consult and Collaborate with key stakeholders (both internally and externally) as required by the Manager - Research.
1. Postgraduate qualifications in psychology, counselling, social work, behavioural sciences, health sciences or relevant field.
2. Demonstrated experience in designing and conducting research / evaluation projects in either a university, clinical or organisational setting.
3. Experience monitoring the quality and fidelity of research implementation.
Experience in applying screening, assessment and interviewing skills.
4. Demonstrated experience training and supervising other staff on research/evaluation projects.
1. Ability to apply advanced quantitative and qualitative data analysis techniques in statistical programs (e.g., SPSS).
2. Project management skills.
3. Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and integrate knowledge from a range of sources and then synthesise information to develop an understanding of relevant theoretical and empirical concepts and fields of research.
4. Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, especially in areas such as report writing, journal publications, conference presentations, and in the ability to translate theoretical, technical, and statistical concepts into accessible reports.
Benefits: As per company policy
Interested candidates are requested to send in their CV to email@example.com by 30th of August, 2021